An easier way to diagnosis diabetes is announced. I highly recommend it.June 8, 2009
Trustworthy consumer websites for PRESCRIPTION drug infoJune 10, 2009
How can you make informed choices about natural medications (herbs, vitamins, and supplements)? For one thing, don’t get your information from ads or labels! There is almost no regulation in the U.S. on these products. So, where can you turn?
I recommend my two favorite internet sites on the subject in my evidence-based book, Alternative Medicine: The Christian Handbook.
- MY FAVORITE SITE FOR FINDING SAFE BRANDS OF NATURAL MEDICATIONS
- ConsumerLab purchases natural medications from the same internet sites and stores that consumers do.
- ConsumerLab tests the natural medications to see if the contents:
- are accurately labeled,
- are free of common contaminants, and
- dissolve quickly enough in the stomach for the active ingredient to be absorbed by the body.
- Then, they publish the results of its tests online here.
- They have tested and list over 2000 brands – including those that have not passed testing.
- The service is available by subscription, however they have 30-day access to individual reviews for a reduced fee.
- A subscription to ConsumerLab.com also includes access to the Natural Products Encyclopedia which has tons of information on:
- Herbs & Supplements
- Conditions and Drug Interactions
- Alternative Therapies and Homeopathy
- Functional Foods
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database
- MY FAVORITE SITE FOR FINDING TRUSTWORTHY, EVIDENCE-BASED, AND UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION ON NATURAL MEDICATIONS
- Perhaps the best website for unbiased information on natural medications.
- Available by subscription only, but they have a professional and a consumer version.