Here are the contents of this month’s newsletter:
- “The Best Gift” released November 16
- Great Review for The Best Gift
- “Ask Dr. Walt” in Today’s Christian Living
- Answers to last month’s prayers
- Prayer requests for this month
- Past Issues
1) The Best Gift released November 16
The second book about our family’s journey in the then-small town of Kissimmee, Florida, and my 39th book overall, The Best Gift: Tales of a Small-Town Doctor Learning Life’s Greatest Lessons, was released a couple of weeks ago.
The Foreword to the book was written by Debbie Macomber, a New York Times bestselling author (many times over), who has sold 200 million books and had seven of them made into Hallmark Hall of Fame movies.
You can use this link to order a copy. I think you’ll agree that it will be a perfect Christmas present for family, friends, and those in your faith community.
2) Great Review of The Best Gift
Here’s the first professional review of the book from the “Write-Read-Life” folks:
More stories from Kissimmee make you fall more in love with this doctor and his family!
Walt Larimore brings more stories in his third installment of the tales from a small-town doctor learning life’s greatest lessons. Readers who enjoyed getting to learn more about Walt and his family during his previous book The Best Medicine will yearn to learn more about them. This book dives deeper into his time in private practice in Kissimmee and how he became a staple in the area. From rodeos to storms to death of close friends, this book offers some guidance and insight for every reader. Be sure to pull up a chair and a blanket because it’s going to be like you’re having a fireside chat with a long-lost friend.
— Jessica Higgins, Write-Read-Life
3) “Ask Dr. Walt” in Today’s Christian Living
I enjoy being able to answer questions from the readers of Today’s Christian Living magazine in my “Ask Dr. Walt” column. Here are my Q&As from the November 2021 issue. I hope you’ll consider getting a subscription:
- Is forgetfulness normal?
- Dear Dr. Walt, What’s the difference between age-related memory loss and dementia?—Absentminded in Alaska
- Do brain supplements really work?
- Dear Dr. Walt, There are so many ads for supplements for brain health. What works?—Wanting to Boost My Noggin in Nevada
- What are nootropics?
- Dear Dr. Walt, I’m seeing a naturopath who strongly recommends something called nootropics for brain health. She also sells them, and they are expensive. Are they worth the cost?”—Naturopath Fan in New Mexico
- What helps brain health?
- Dear Dr. Walt, On a recent TV show, I heard you say supplements do not help brain health. What works? Anything?—Nurturing My Brain in Nevada
- What diet is best for brain health?
- Dear Dr. Walt, I visited a dietician to help with my diabetes and heart disease. She said a good diet can protect my brain. But there are a lot of them. Any recommendations?—Seeking Better Nutrition in New York
4) “Art of Medicine” Lecture at the University of Alabama
I was honored and privileged to have been asked to present the “Art of Medicine” lecture (virtually) at the University of Alabama School of Medicine. One of my heroes in family medicine, Allan Blum, MD, invited and introduced me. I thought you might be interested in seeing a recording of the lecture. It’s available here:https://alabama.box.com/s/vd0erc5p87nb8ehkwxgjnf6x380htbjd.
5) Answers to Last Month’s Prayers
- November 4-14, Barb visited with family in Baton Rouge. She had a delightful trip
- November 21-26, we visited our son, Scott, and his girls, for Thanksgiving in Atlanta. We always love our trips there and this one was no exception.
- Prayers for traveling safety were appreciated and answered.=
6) Prayer Requests for Upcoming Events
- December 17-18, the production crew from LiftableTV will be at our home for two jam-packed days of videotaping eight more “Ask Dr. Walt” shows, eight more “The Inside Story” episodes, and 45 “Daily Apple” features. The taping days are fun but exhausting. And this taping will complete Season 1 for all three shows. At this point, I’m waiting to see if any or all of the shows will be greenlighted for a second season. Prayers that my voice and strength will hold up would be appreciated!
7) Past Issues of our family newsletter
- The Best Gift releases November 16
- Debbie Macomber’s Foreword to The Best Gift
- Super-Early-Bird sign up for “The Ultimate Writer’s Conference” I’m MC’ing ends November 19
- Cute Halloween Decorations
- New Episodes of “Ask Dr. Walt” Available at Liftable TV
- Two New Television Shows feature Dr. Walt (“A Daily Apple” & “The Inside Story”)
- More Endorsements, A New Title, and a New Cover for my WWII Book, At First Light
- Ask Dr. Walt” inToday’s Christian Living
- New Episodes of “Ask Dr. Walt” Available on Liftable TV
- The copyediting is done on my WWII Book, At First Light
Just finished the Best Gift. Great job, We have a found a touch from our St Cloud years in foothills of Mts. we have a small rodeo not far from here. Our granddaughter I’d taking horse lessons. It such a joy to still have that part of our life here. Love to you and Barb.. Ann and Dick.
Hey Ann. We hope you and Dick are well. I’m so happy “The Best Gift” was a blessing. I hope you’ll leave 5-star reviews on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, ChristianBook.com, GoodReads, and Walmart. In fact, you can copy and paste the same review on all of the various sites. And, I hope you and yours have a Christ-centered, warm-memory-creating, family-filled Christmas and a Blessed New Year.